Onward Athletics is having private tryouts for the last couple spots to complete our 2020 Spring season team. We are looking for all positions especially pitchers!
Contact team management by texting or calling, DJ Walton at 404.884.5530 to coordinate a private Try Out.
Hog Mountain Sports Complex
4450 Falcon Pkwy, Flowery Branch GA 30542
Check out this for more info:
Info About our Program:
- Highly competitive AA/AAA team – looking for a few pieces to move into the Major division
- Strong administrative support
- Spring Schedule includes: Perfect Game, USSSA & Training Legends Tournaments
- Spring will also include High-profile out of town tournaments
- We currently have a great group of kids Excellent team chemistry
- Experienced coaching Staff
WHAT MAKES US SPECIAL?
Consistency is Key
- Timely & Accurate communication between Parents, Coaches and Administrators
- Practice Schedules will be set in advance of each season and we will do our best not to make too many changes
- Practices will be highly productive, well organized and tightly scripted
- Tournaments will be confirmed with plenty of lead time prior to the start of each season
Player development is included…No surprise costs.
- Proper Speed & Agility training by professional athletes and coaches
- Strength & Conditioning program complete with off season training
- Cage time included as part of our weekly practice regiment
Amateur Athletes that look and play like Pros!
- Personalized Game Uniforms & Practice Jerseys
- Top-notch Onward x UA Apparel available for purchase for parents, family friends and team supporters
- Special team discounts on Under Armour apparel and equipment
Head Coach Jimmy Lawler brings over 18 years of high-level High School baseball coaching experience as the Head Coach of the Flowery Branch High School team. He currently serves as the Athletic Director and Vice Principal for Flowery Branch High School. Coach Jimmy is a founding member of our baseball program. He lives in Gainesville, GA with his wife, Jodi and two children, Ella Grace & Jones.
Assistants: Steve Folkers & Ken Matthews – Have a combined 30 years playing & coaching baseball. Coach Folkers Played & coached D1 baseball and Coach Matthews has been a head coach for many years.
Jason Webster, Speed & Aguility - A member of the Onward Athletics board of directors, Jason was the 48th Pick overall in the 2000 NFL draft. An 8 year NFL veteran with stints with the 49ers, Falcons and Patriots. First team ALL BIG 12 in ‘99 and Texas A&M Hall of Famer. Jason served as the Chaplin for the Atlanta Falcons for the past 5 years.
DJ Walton, Strength & Conditoning – The co-founder of Onward Athletics, DJ is one of only 50 AIBA 1-Star certified international boxing coaches in the United States. A former Division 1 collegiate athlete (Football, Track & Field). DJ served for five years as the First Vice President of USA Boxing.
ABOUT OUR CULTURE:
We encourage our athletes to be…
- Humble & Confident